Established during the US Industrial Revolution, Otis Steel was a crucial part in Cleveland's manufacturing history from 1875 to 1942. Inspired by the distinctive industrial lines characteristic of the gantry pivots and furnace-ladle arms of the Otis metal-works factory, the muscular cast-iron base provides a robust foundation for this handcrafted, adjustable-height industrial dining table or desk. The base moves smoothly through a range of 29.5 to 39.5 inches - dining to pub height - via a hand crank that we've introduced into the design. (For overall height with tabletop installed, add 1-2.5 inches to base height.) Features:
- Solid rustic reclaimed hardwood top with a natural finish (2.5" thick top)
- Sealed with scratch-resistant topcoat
- Sturdy solid cast iron and steel base
- Height adjustable from 31 to 41 inches via hand cranked gear mechanism
- Heavy-duty iron-wheel casters for easy mobility
- Each base end is embossed with "OTIS STEEL"
- Overall Dimensions (inches) 80Lx40Wx31-41H
- Base Size (inches) 60Lx24Wx29.5-39.5H
- Net Weight 360 lbs.
- Solid smooth finish cast iron casters use a vintage style manual lock to lock wheels in place.
The wonderfully-detailed steampunk base is handcrafted from cast iron and sits sturdily under a solid smooth-sealed acacia hardwood top that...
Named for its unique crescent-shaped iron base, we designed this industrial dining bench based on manufacturing themes from the early...
The powerful design of this industrial dining table is tribute to one of the most famous and ingenious engineers of...
Named for its unique crescent-shaped iron base, we designed this industrial base drawing on manufacturing themes from the early 1900's...